Thank you for subscribing to the Town of Stuyvesant newsletter.
It seems like Mother Nature is a little behind schedule — we had snow in April and now we’re having the showers in May. Hopefully, she will catch up soon.
We would like to begin with Kudos to the Stuyvesant FIre Company, assisted by the Stuyvesant Falls Fire Company and several other surrounding companies for their swift response to a house fire on Sunday, May 1st. Their quick response resulted in their being able to save the house. While there is interior damage, the house remains and can be repaired. A great job by the teenagers who saw the flames and reacted quickly by alerting neighbors.
The Burn Ban remains in effect and even just a “small” fire can get out of control. Hold off on burning until the State DEC gives the all clear — it may protect yours and your neighbors’ properties.
It is with deep sadness that we say farewell to our Zoning Board of Appeals Chairperson, Patricia Casey. Mrs. Casey was a longtime resident of Stuyvesant, involved with Town politics, Boards, the Garden Club, and the Community at large. She will be very much missed.
The Assessor’s Office will have special hours for homeowners to come review their tentative assessments. Those hours are listed on the website calendar and include special extended evening hours.
Some notable events for May:
- Annual Riversweep/Shoreline Clean Up — May 7th (meet at cafe at 10am);
- Annual Chicken BBQ @ Stuyvesant Falls Firehouse — May 7th 3:30 – 6:30pm (contact a member for tickets)
- Spring Townwide Clean Up — May 14th 8am-4pm rain or shine (resident punch cards now available);
- Zoning Board of Appeals — meeting date changed from 5/24 to 5/17 at 7pm;
- Board of Assessment Review Grievance Day — May 24 4pm – 8pm. Packets available in the website document center;
- Memorial Day — May 30th — Offices will be closed.
In closing, we would like to wish all the hardworking moms a very Happy Mother’s Day!
The Town of Stuyvesant