We hope this cold weather and Holiday Season find you healthy and happy.
At the Town Board meeting held on December 14, 2017, our Town Historian Juanita Knott was presented with a NYS Designation of State Historian from former Congressman Chris Gibson. She was also presented with a ceremonial copy of the Proclamation that Congressman John Faso read on the floor of Congress acknowledging the accomplishments of Mrs. Knott. The Town Board and all those in attenance gave Mrs. Knott a standing ovation for her 21 years of dedicated service as Town Historian.
Also at the meeting, the Board adopted Local Law #4 of 2017 Extending the Real Property Tax Exemption for Cold War Veterans. If you believe you or someone you know is eligible for this, or any exemption, please contact our Town Assessor’s Office for assistance.
The Board says farewell to Councilman Edward Scott who’s term ends on December 31st. He was given a Certificate of Appreciation and thanked for his 10 years of service. Mr. William Schneider will be taking his seat on the Board in January and we wish him well.
Watch for information on the Swearing-in Ceremony and reception to be held on January 1st. Details are still being finalized.
With the Holidays upon us, there are some changes to the calendar:
- Monday, December 18th Planning Board meeting has been cancelled.
- Tuesday, December 19th Zoning Board meeting scheduled (instead of 12/26)
- ** there hasn’t been anything received to date for the Zoning Board meeting so it may be cancelled. Please watch the calendar for further updates.
- The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed on Saturday, December 23rd and Monday 25th.
- The Assessor’s Office will be closed from December 22nd through January 2nd.
Please remember there is no parking on Town Roads through March 31st. This is to ensure that during inclement weather, our Highway Department can clear the roads efficiently. We have had a few times that the trucks have had to be out already and there have been instances where vehicles were parked in their way. Please help them help you by keeping the roads clear.
The 2018 Organizational Meeting will be held on January 4, 2018 at 7:00pm.