Almost the end of June! Hopefully, the summer weather will be here soon.
Below is the upcoming events and happenings in Stuyvesant for June & July:
- The Clerk’s Office will be closed on Saturday, June 29 through Monday, July 7.
- All offices will be closed on July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
- Town Board meeting will be Thursday, July 11th
- The Town Board will host a CRASE (Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events) seminar administered by the Columbia County Sheriff’s Dept. The class doesn’t just discuss active shooter situations but many different types of emergency situations and what you should do to be prepared. An open and free event at the Town Hall.
- Paint & Snack Event The picture that we will be instructed in painting can be seen on the Paint & Snack Information Flyer. Instruction will be given by Michelle at Berkshire Paint & Sip. The project will be a 16 x 20 canvas and all materials will be provided. The cost for the evening is $35 — profits will be donated to the Ken Hummel Memorial Scholarship at Ichabod Crane for students going on to study agriculture or carpentry. Snacks & non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. Information for registration may be found on the flyer.
Historic Stuyvesant Day is August 10th. The day will begin with the Ken Hummel Memorial Races (Kids’ 1 Mile Run, 5K Walk/Run, and Duathlon).
Following the races, there will be the annual picnic at the pavilion at the Stuyvesant Landing Playground beginning at 12:00 Noon. Please bring a dish to share, the Town will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, and drinks.
That evening the Stuyvesant Fire House will host a Chicken BBQ. For additional information, contact the Fire Company at 518-758-6713.
Please follow us on FB. If you have a not-for-profit public community event happening email [email protected] to get it on our FB Page and Web Site!