The position of Secretary to the Planning/Zoning Boards is primarily work of a clerical and secretarial nature. The job requires a high degree of initiative in the organization and completion of the clerical work of the Planning and Zoning Boards. The position involves attendance at evening meetings. General direction si received from the Chairmen of the Planning and Zoning Boards.
Typical work activities include:
- Assembles discussion materials for consideration at Planning and Zoning Boards meetings;
- Suggests need for agenda items and prepares and distributes agendas;
- Records minutes of Planning and Zoning Boards meetings, transcribes, duplicates, and distributes them;
- Replies to routine correspondence;
- Prepares legal notices and and assures their publication;
- Maintains files;
- May operate a variety of office equipment in the performance of clerical work such as photocopier, calculator, fax machine, word processing, computer, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resumes to Supervisor Ron Knott at 5 Sunset Drive, Stuyvesant, NY 12173 or email to [email protected].