We hope this newsletter finds you healthy and ready for warmer weather! Here are some reminders and new announcements for the upcomign months:
- A reminder that parking restrictions for Town roads remain in effect until March 31st. We hope it’s not necessary (no more snow!) but in the event of a Spring storm, please make sure the plow trucks can through easily and quickly.
- The NYS annual Burn Ban is now in effect until May 16th. No open burning until that date. If you have any specific questions, please contact either the Stuyvesant Fire Co. #1 at 518-758-6713 or Stuyvesant Falls Fire Co. #2 at 518-799-6433.
- The Shredding Bin is at the Town Hall! The County sponsored program will run through March 26th. Beginning on March 29th, the Town will have a shredding bin in the lobby full-time for public access.
- Trash Day will be held on Saturday, May 7th 8am – 3pm at the salt shed site on Sharptown Road. Resident Punch Cards will be available from the Town Clerk’s Office, the Town Supervisor, and the Highway Department beginning on April 15th. Please be prepared to show proof of residency (something with your physical address).
- The Columbia County Hazardous Waste Day will also be held on Saturday, May 7th from 8am – 12:00 Noon at the County Highward Garage on County Route 23B in Greenport. The information flyer is in the Town Hall but also may be found on our website under “Document Center — Community Interest”. New this year — latex paints will be accepted.
- RiverSweep will also be on May 7th — please contact Lee Jamison for additional information on schedules and assignments.
- We will be hosting another “Community Night and Cruise In” on May 14th, 4pm – 8pm on the grounds of the VFW (in the back under the pavilion). We will have food vendors, craft vendors, and local businesses and organizations. If you are a vendor or know someone who woud like to participate, please contact Town Clerk Melissa Naegeli at 518-758-6248 Ext. 110 OR [email protected] to sign up. There are no table fees and you keep all of your proceeds.
If you have a fancy, classic, rare, or any vehicle you are proud of bring it over and show it off.! No pre-registration is required. Start the car show season early and easy — dust off those cars & bikes and come show them to your neighbors!
- Columbia County will host an Open House at the new Fire Training Facility on May 21st 10am – 2pm in Commerce Park.
- We are seeking volunteers as back-up drivers for Meals-on-Wheels. We currently have a full schedule of drivers but would like to have some back-ups in case someone isn’t feeling well or wants to take a well-earned vacation. If you are interested, please contact Town Clerk Melissa Naegeli for additional information.