Hi everyone! It’s been a long winter and Spring is just around the corner…
Some updates we wanted to let you know about:
- Town road parking restrictions continue through March 31st (although hopefully there won’t be any more snow)
- The Highway Department is looking for help. A CDL License is preferred but not necessary for the hire. Please contact Joe Scrum, Highway Superintendent, for additional information
- 2023 is our Bicentennial Year! Historian Juanita Knott has several events planned throughout the year with the first one scheduled for Saturday, April 22nd, 1-3pm. It will be a birthday party at the Town Hall, as this is the date of the first meeting of the Town. There will be a Power Point Presentation, various artifacts, light snacks, and Juanita will be on hand to answer questions and give information.
- Trash Days have been scheduled! Sat., May 6th and Sat., Oct. 7th. Free Punch cards for May will be available from the Town Clerk beginning on April 15th. Please be prepared to show proof of residency.
- Columbia County Hazardous Waste Day is Sat., April 29th from 8am – 12pm. It will be held at the Fire Training Center site on Grandinetti Drive. A flyer is available in the Town Hall.
- Summer Playground Program has been approved for 2023. We are again partnering with the Town of Kinderhook for our resident children to attend the Playground Program at Volunteer Park (State Farm Road) at no cost to their families. You will need to register with our Town Clerk and get a receipt to present to the Town of Kinderhook. (Without the Clerk’s receipt, Kinderhook will look to you for payment.)
- Those receipts are being printed and will be available beginning April 10th in the Clerk’s Office. The Town of Kinderhook registration forms are also available from our Town Clerk. You will still need to register with the Town of Kinderhook..
- Website Changes — we are working with a new website designer so the site will be changing over the coming months. Please follow us on Facebook to make sure you get the most up-to-date information while the website is undergoing it’s transformation. If you have any specific suggestions for easier navigation around the site, please email [email protected] or [email protected] .
Upcoming Scheduled Meetings:
(ZBA & Planning Boards’ meetings will be cancelled if there are no agenda items)
Thur., Mar 9th – Town Board Meeting
Wed., Mar 22nd – Zoning Board of Appeals
Thur., Mar 23rd – Zoning Revision Committee
Mon., Mar 27th – Planning Board Meeting